Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On a Personal Note

I find myself in a very strange place right now and thought writing it out would help bring some clarity.

I'm the type of person that likes to plan things out; funny how all of my children were "surprises" :O) What occurred just recently has really thrown me a curve ball.
I knew this day would come but I didn't expect to feel so conflicted about it and quite frankly....nervous.

We decided when my oldest was two years old and we lost our sitter that it would be better if I stayed home until he was ready to go to school, less heartache and stress on the family...so we re-adjusted and low and behold right when I was about to return to the job search we found out I was pregnant. This happened twice (yes, every four years I had a baby)LOL. Now my daughter is going into first grade and I am about to return to searching. I'm not going to lie, this has me up at night. The last time I returned to work after a six month break every interview had the same question "why haven't you worked in six months?" Is anyone going to be willing to hire me after not working for 12 years? Am I going to have to take a job that I really don't want just to help contribute?

I know in the end it will all work out but for now I remain quiet and contemplaintive....

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I will be praying for you Maryann! It is hard looking for a job and interviews can be a big pain. I think if you explained that you were a full time mom there should not anymore questions. Being a mom is so much more difficult than anything the corporate world could ever throw your way. ~Vanessa

Maryann said...

thanks V
PS ain't that the truth,some days being a Mom is WAY harder than I ever thought