Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Perfect Sunday

These days everything has become so hectic; my family and I have decided to take one day a week to just "re-energize" for the coming week. Here's my favorite way to spend a Sunday.

Step one; sleep in, well at least until 8:30. Normally around this time my head starts working on all kinds of ideas....see step two

Step two; whip up something really yummy (and probably not so healthy) for breakfast. This morning's recipe to follow.

Step three; brew a large pot of coffee to go along with reading the paper.

Step four; by this point I have come up with lots of new recipe ideas and head off to the grocery store to get ingredients

Step five (my favorite); head to the kitchen. Isn't it funny how many people can actually fit into one kitchen? My company consists of three very hungry and curious kids, two dogs and one very "supportive" husband :O)

As promised here is the very simple recipe that I made this morning.

Cinnamon Rolls

1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
cinnamon/sugar mixture

Frosting: powdered sugar
milk

Apple mixture: large apple of your choice
2 TB butter
cinnamon/sugar mixture


Open crescent rounds and unfold, sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar then roll back up. Sprinkle more cinnamon and sugar on top. Bake as directed.
Drizzle with frosting after removing from oven. Serve....

*cinnamon and sugar mixture: usually a 3/4 to 1/4 mixture of simple white sugar and ground cinnamon You can adjust to your own personal taste.

Apple mixture: in a small saucepan melt 2 TB of butter,add diced apple and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar. Simmer on low heat until the butter and sugar mix start to bubble and reduce down. I put apples on top of my cinnamon roll instead of frosting, de-lish

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: