Friday, July 31, 2009

Labor of Love

This story begins with my Sicilian Grandmother, for whom I would walk across town every Saturday to help make the meatballs for Sunday's "gravy". She is the one responsible for my love of cooking and all things food related.



One of my most prized possessions is the hand written recipe book that my mother gave to me at my bridal shower. She had taken the time to write in several family recipes that had been passed down;even ones from Grandma's kitchen. Fast forward about 14 years and you'll find my daughter rummaging through all my recipe books to find this treasure.



This gives me an idea; what better way to leave my children a little piece of "me" than to share all our family favorites in a personalized recipe book? My children all love to cook and on many an occasion you can find them right beside me getting their hands dirty and creating their own concoctions. Each of their books is different just like their personalities and over the last year or so I've been compiling recipes and adding to the books.




See for many of us we connect over the table, share our experiences of the day,relax and just enjoy some great food ;it truly is a way of bonding. So if you wouldn't mind.....Pass the Pasta

1 comment:

The Double Dipped Life said...

What a great work of love and artistry!